Drinking is especially important during the warm days!
It seems like an obvious thing to say, but for many people drinking enough water is actually difficult. When you feel thirsty, it is already too late, your body is suffering. When you are dehydrated, you start to loose energy and find it difficult to think clearly.
Here are a few tips to make it easier to stay hydrated:
1. Use a pint glass and keep it within sight. If you don’t have to get up to refill your glass, you are more likely to drink from it more often.
2. Add some flavour to the water, such as apple juice, pomegranate juice or any other flavour you like (try 1/3 juice juice add 2/3 water), a squirt of lemon or orange juice will also give it a nice flavour or throw a few frozen berries into your glass.
3. Your body will get used to more water intake and you will eventually not have to use the bathroom as often. Please give it a few days.
4. Don’t worry about water retention when drinking more water, the opposite is the case.
5. It does not have to be just water that you drink. Make an ice tea out of fruit tea.
6. Watermelon and other juicy fruit is so delicious and a great way to eat ‘water’ if you don’t like drinking as much.